10 years of Silicon Europe
Silicon Europe is celebrating 10 years of existence. Since 2012, the Alliance of eleven renowned European clusters supports the strengthening of the European electronics sector.
The Silicon Europe journey: rising from a project to a sustainable alliance in electronics
On 08.10.2012, Silicon Europe started as EU funded project to foster cooperation & innovation across Europe. Since then, Silicon Europe has become much more than just a project. It has developed in a strong European collaboration that connects virtually every month and meets twice a year in person to discuss current issues in the high-tech industry on a European and national level e.g.
- IPCEI & European Chips Act
- European Digital Innovation Hubs
- EU funded projects for our cluster members
- Cluster events to connect our ecosystems
2012: Start of Silicon Europe project with six founding members from five countries
2015: Formulation of a joint action plan
2015: Foundation of the Silicon Europe Alliance & expansion by six partners
2015: joint stand party at SEMICON Europa
2016: Start of Silicon Europe Worldwide project with exploration of the Taiwanese and US markets.
2017: First joint booth at SEMICON Taiwan
2022: Start of the joint Eurocluster project to strengthen the European electronics sector and promote sovereignty in the semiconductor industry
2022: Position paper on the EU Chips Act
Other success stories:
- Organisation of Business Innovation Days with Infineon, Thales & Boston Scientific and over 200 participating SMEs
- Support of regional EDIHs
- Joint projects: METIS, ECoVEM, DigiFed, IoT4industry, EXCITE, ASCENT+, MIND4MACHINES, Eurocluster